This week for ‘Motivational Monday’ I asked my followers and clients to do an exercise. I also did the same.
The task was as follows;
- Choose an area of your life that you want to change. Think about where you are now and where you want to be.
- Write a list of all the reasons you can think of as to why you feel you cant change that right now.
- Draw a large circle with a smaller circle in the middle of it.
- Looking at your list, put all of the points you wrote down that you think are out of your control in the outer circle.
- Put the remaining points that ARE in your control in the inner circle.
- Use the inner circle list as items to action this week.
- Stay Motivated!!
This task allows us to come up with all the negative aspects of something which quite frankly is much easier to do than finding positives.
Once that part is done, you can focus on each point and decide what you are actually in control of (whether you want to be or not)
The things you put in your outer circle you should revisit and consider whether they are really out of your control or whether you are just not taking responsibility for them. If they are truly out of your control, can you bypass them or go around them? If they seem truly unsolvable, try talking them out with someone, preferably a Life Coach.
The list in the centre circle allows you to see clearly all the actions within your control to allow you to change your current situation. Look at each point in turn. Why haven’t you taken steps to do this? What is holding you back? Again if you are struggling, write it out, talk it out or seek out a Coach to help you on your journey.
This task is a good ‘go-to’ to help you refocus and discover what is possible and how you can achieve more without even thinking too much.
Let me know how you got on in the comments!